HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects
The National Library of Medicine® (NLM) is pleased to announce the 2021 solicitation of proposals from organizations and libraries to design and conduct projects that will improve access to HIV/AIDS related health information for patients, the affected community, and their caregivers.
Projects must involve one of the following information access categories:
- Information Retrieval
- Skills Development
- Resource Development and Dissemination
- PrEP Navigator Resource Development and Dissemination
Emphasis will be placed upon small businesses and the following types of organizations or arrangements for developing these projects:
- Community-based organizations (CBO) or patient advocacy groups currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services to the affected community. This encompasses both individual groups wishing to enhance their own services, as well as several cooperating for the purpose of this project;
- Public Libraries wishing to serve their communities in the provision of HIV/AIDS-related information and resources;
- Health departments or other local, municipal, or state agencies working to improve the public health in the area of HIV/AIDS-related services;
- Faith-based organizations currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services to the affected community and/or
- Multi-type consortia of the above listed organizations that may be in existence or formed specifically for this project. At least one of the organizations managing the project must be a community-based organization, library or department of public health.
The solicitation for the 2021 HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Project (ACIOP) is posted on the Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) website. www.orau.gov/hsc/nlm/aciop/
Awards are offered for up to $25,000.
Deadline for proposal submission is December 28, 2020 2:00 PM ET.
Primary Point of Contact
ORAU Procurement Section Manager
Please refer to the ACIOP Web site (www.orau.gov/hsc/nlm/aciop/) for notices, updates, and modifications to the ACIOP 2021 RFP.